Employment Check With HR
Employers may verify employment history as part of the employee background check to confirm the work experience you have conveyed to them and to be sure you have the professional background and appropriate work experience required for the position.
An employer will typically verify job titles, start and end dates for each job, and will sometimes check on salary and job duties. An employer may also ask for the reason for termination and whether the candidate is eligible for rehire.
Employers become very concerned when a candidate claims he or she has years of experience, when in fact they do not or when a candidate misrepresents their past titles, achievements or responsibilities. These are examples of the kinds of discrepancies that could come up in the background check which may indicate to employers that the candidate is being intentionally dishonest.
Discrepancies between the information provided by the candidate and returned by Observation & Solution generally will be noted on the background report.Therefore, during the hiring process it’s best to provide employers with the most accurate information possible regarding your employment history to avoid any potential inconsistencies and to avoid a delay in processing the report.
Employee background screening can be performed for any of the past employments of the candidate. Using our extensive network, latest technology and domain expertise, we reach out to employers globally to deliver concise, accurate, incisive and globally compliant employment background check results. Our questionnaires and report templates are highly configurable; hence making this process work the way our clients want. Some aspects/antecedents that we authenticate during employee background screening are:
- Does the Company that the candidate claims to have worked for exists or did exist during the period of employment and is a genuine employer?
- Has the Candidate worked with that Company as a full-time/part-time employee?
- What was his Designation and tenure of employment?
- Was his role in that employer in line with whatever he has stated in his resume?
- Who was the candidate’s reporting manager?
- What was the candidate’s feedback at the previous employer? Will he/she be considered for rehire?